Voor PhD-plekken, stageplaatsen en andere vactures, zie deze pagina.
• Are you looking for an extra challenge on top of your Master’s degree?
• Would you like to be trained by excellent scientists and optimize your chances on a high profile industrial or PhD position?
• Would you like to deepen your knowledge of your own field, yet also join forces with students from other (technical) disciplines?
• Are you up for challenging real-life product development assignments together with one of our industrial partners?
Then the HTSM Master’s Honours Programme is just what you are looking for!
The Universities of Groningen and Twente – in cooperation with Astron, BD Kiestra, Innovatiecluster Drachten and Philips Consumer Lifestyle – offer talented, motivated students the opportunity to challenge themselves with this unique extra-curricular Master’s Honours Programme.
The highly selective admission procedure is open to students from both the University of Groningen and the University of Twente. Talented, ambitious students from the following course programmes are welcome to apply:
• (Applied) Physics
• Chemical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering and Management
• Industrial Design Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Science
• Artificial Intelligence
• Human-Machine Communication
• Other science studies with a clear technical component applicable to the HTSM sector, such as mathematics, biomedical engineering, life sciences & technology and molecular biology.
• A Bachelor’s degree by 1 September with good to excellent results, including a Bachelor’s thesis marked above average.
• Good oral and written skills in English (TOEFL 580).
• Highly motivated toward the focus of the programme: multidisciplinary, innovative, high tech product development.
• Able to pair a great intellectual ability with technical skills and interests.
• Specific personal qualities (innovative, independent, creative, original, proactive and persevering).
• Motivated and able to collaborate with other (technical) disciplines in multidisciplinary teams.
• The desire to widen your knowledge beyond the borders of your own discipline and beyond technical and non-technical borders.
More information about the programme and selection procedure is available on the following website: www.rug.nl/honours/htsm-masterprogramme
Every enthusiastic student and young researcher working in the field of material processing by using ultra-short pulse lasers is encouraged to participate in this international school with world-recognised lectors and exciting excursions! Visit Vilnius, gain your knowledge and share your experience on July 3-7, 2017.
List of the school lectors:
Prof. Leonid V. Zhigilei,
Dr. Razvan Stoian,
Prof. Fatih Ömer Ilday,
Prof. Peter Balling,
Prof. Beat Neuenschwander,
Dr. Guido Hennig,
Prof. Carlos Molpeceres,
Dr. Klaus Zimmer,
Dr. Andrea Bragia,
Dr. Paulius Gecys,
Dr. Andrius Melninkaitis,
Dr. Gediminas Raciukaitis.
The participation fee is 100 EUR. Confirmed participants will enjoy coffee breaks, meals and excursion to Lithuanian national festival without any additional payment.
The registration is open!
Location: Multiphysics and Optics group, Philips Research, Eindhoven
Vakgroep: LPNO, Klaus Boller
Subject: Calibration system for a particle detection sensor
Contact names: Hans Spruit, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel 040-2792110
Alexander van de Lee, email@example.com, 040-2793267
We are working on an optical air quality sensor. This detects small particles present in the air, the so-called PM2.5 value. This system is based on optical scattering of light from the particles.
For calibration purposes it is needed to understand well the response of the sensor for different particle sizes. It is difficult to control the particles in the air. To circumvent this a special test disc was made with small pits as artificial particles. The question is how well such a test disc is suited for characterization of the particle sensor.
Research & development:
– Develop experimental method to measure and characterize artificial “particle” signals and compare these with airborne particle signals
– Theoretical understanding of the measured signals
– Optimization of the particle test disc.
– Report on the work done with conclusions and recommendations
For this work we are looking for a student having affinity with optics, both experimentally and theoretically. A graduation assignment (6-9 month period) is preferred. A standard compensation for room rental is offered.
3-7 July 2017, ICFO, Barcelona, Spain. Deadline for Applications: Friday 28 April 2017
Nearly 40 years after the seminal work by Arthur Ashkin, Optical trapping and manipulation has become a transversal enabling tool involved in many aspects of Science, from fundamental Physics to Biology. This new edition of the ICFO School on the Frontiers of Light, will introduce the students to the physics of optical forces and the principal current trends in the field, including statistical physics, opto-mechanics, biophysics and soft matter. The school agenda includes pedagogical lectures on selected topics, research seminars, group discussion sessions, and lab tours and is ideally designed for master-level students and beginners in the field. The school will be complemented by a one-day symposium which will bring together worldwide experts from different communities who will present some of the main emerging trends.
The school will include 4 days of lectures from 3-6 July, followed by a scientific symposium on Friday 7 July with invited talks from leading international researchers.
Lecturers & Topics:
ICFO Schools on the Frontiers of Light aim at giving talented young researchers masters students worldwide a first introduction to a thematic research area and their first taste of an international research environment. These schools incorporate a dynamic and social learning environment beyond participating in lectures, including group discussions, direct interactions with the lecturers, student talks, poster presentations, and visits to labs. ICFO Schools are open to a limited number of students, selected on the basis of academic merit.
International Travel Fellowships are available to outstanding applicants from around the world to attend ICFO Schools.
For more information and application details, etc. http://frontiers.icfo.eu/
Kijk ook eens op de vacaturepagina van Pre-U voor meer vacatures.